Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Ghost Town (1996) Review

Ghost Town - 1996 DVD Cover - adultdvdempire dot com src 
There are two major reasons that I wanted to review the movie “Ghost Town” from 1996. The first is simple, the actress that stars reminds me of one of my friends, and dare I say lovers. I kid you not, my friend is one of the most beautiful people I’ve ever met, and whenever I see Lori Michaels, I think of her. But before I ever met my friend, I saw this movie on the Spice Network. I’ve talked about the Spice Network before, but this is a big one for me.

The reason why this is such a big movie for me is because I recorded this from the Spice Network onto a VHS tape. Now, the VHS tape I had recorded had a hard R feature of this. Now, I want you to try and think of what that was like in 1996. Take this movie, and then try to imagine not seeing an erect penis, but rather imagine the ending scene from “Austin Powers”. You see the motions, you hear the moaning, but you do not see an erect penis, and you do not see it go in someone’s mouth, nor do you see it go into the vagina or anywhere else. Now, you do see eyes, facial expressions, and directors zooming into the act, but you do not see it. I know, that sounds insane, but that’s how we used to get off in the mid 1990s on basic cable.

So what now? I’m older, and I can get the X rated version, and you better believe that I took full advantage of that. I went ahead and finally watched this full release, and well, it certainly brought back a lot of memories.

This is a movie that has a plot, which is why I chose to review it. It features a lot of bad acting, as per usual. The movie starts with a couple that gets lost on the way to Phoenix. When their car breaks down in the opposite direction, the couple argue and meet up with an old man, “Doc”. He then offers to help fix the car. Doc, Bobby Vitale, Lori Michaels and Doc talk about, and he said the two should walk to the next town. The two decide that they will wait for help, and just walk around the two. Doc continues to make funny quips, and I wonder how I could get a non-sex role like that one?

Night falls. The setting changes. Vitale and Michaels find an old place to spend the night. Steve Hatcher and Lori Michaels fall asleep, and that’s it. When they wake up Michaels is all naked, and Vitale is fully clothed. Michaels finds an old night gown, puts it on and decides to see what’s around town, looking for her clothes, since she’s lost them overnight. And that’s where this movie starts to get sexual. You’ll have to wait a while before you get any sex, making this a favorite of mine already. I like plot driven movies. Michaels stumbles into a brothel, and is forced to dance, meanwhile Sahara Sands, Steve Hatcher, and Tom Byron go to another room, and have their way with a show girl. Tom Byron here has a full mustache and goatee, and long hair. He’s going through a phase, huh? Sahara Sands is a buxom blonde, and is a bit older here. The action is fast, with a country music tune in the background. You really feel like you’re in the wild west when you watch this go down. The threesome involves Sands doing anal, blow jobs, and that’s it. No DP, and the sound designer muted her expressions at one point, and you can’t hear her moan, instead you get the sound track. When Byron pops, she screams, and it’s quite nice, but at that point Hatcher is soft, which is an odd dichotomy.

After the sex scene, we are thrown into another sex scene, this time a threeway featuring Felecia, Lori Michaels and Melissa Hill. This is ok, and features the women on stage inside a brothel, while the same country music soundtrack plays. The music and the sounds of moaning and kissing are leveled out, and this is not a bad scene, but it’s definitely not grand either.

The plot keeps moving forward after the sex scene. Michaels’ character is wondering where her husband is, and he’s on stage with Christi Lake, one of my favorite actresses from the 1990s. Michaels is upset that Vitale is going to have sex with Lake, and well, that’s exactly what goes down. Lake looks like an old boss of mine, which is why I love to see her work, as I always wanted to be involved with her, so I guess for me, this is a fantasy. Lake and Vitale have good chemistry, and the two work out well on the stage, in multiple positions, going back and forth, and just enjoying the process of the sex. Vitale eventually gives Lake a cum shot to the face, and that’s it.

Michaels’ character runs off looking for her husband, and sees Jill Kelly and Tony Tedeschi getting friendly. The camera zooms in on the two of them, and that’s the next scene here. The two go through a very mechanical, somewhat boring sexual romp. It is probably my least favorite Jill Kelly scene I’ve ever watched. It’s functional, but there’s an interesting change here. What you’re going to find is that Tony Tedeschi here has a condom on. He goes for anal play at one point, but it’s a very tame scene, with a new soundtrack of country styled music.

The next scene has Lori Michaels and Peter North finding each other, and Peter North branding Michaels like a piece of cattle, metaphorically, mind you. And what occurs next, wow, another boring disconnect from sexual virtual reality. This scene was not as hot as I recall, and it is a slow moving, condom based scene that is just disastrous. Michaels is silent, North is mechanical, and the music shifts in tone. This was a fast moving sex, and that was it. It’s just not grand.

After this, Michaels runs to her boyfriend and they get into the car that found them in this ghost town, only to leave and that’s that. The movie that once got me very hot, fizzled out and really made me rethink my own memories.

I give “Ghost Town” a 2 out of 5.


I know, nostalgia is neat, but this movie sucked. I liked the plot driven method, there was some chemistry between Christi Lake and Vitale, but the rest of the movie is kind of boring, the music isn’t that good, and well, I just can’t get behind calling this one a great one.

You can purchase “Ghost Town” via a lot of outlets, and I guess it’s an ok movie.


Did you see “Ghost Town”? If so, dropped me a line in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...